RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by retrogamefan, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Tokita

Tokita Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2017
    Colombia
    Found a really bad R4 clone that is giving me trouble

[​IMG]

Yeah I'm not telling where I found that thing but that does look like a stamped fingerprint in the isolating blob
    Anyway... I'm trying loading YSmenu from the .nds file after booting the native kernel, YSmenu actually loads but when I try launching a game it ends up in an infinite loading after creating the .sav file

Maybe if someone takes a look at the kernel files Here could help figuring out what I'm doing wrong or if it's possible to get YSmenu working on that thing at all.
    (R4 plus www.r4.ndsl.cc) looks like the site where the kernel was once located died in 2011 lol

Last edited by Tokita, Jan 11, 2019
  2. skjfhniasubcoivu

skjfhniasubcoivu Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Have a look for dldiextract.nds. It might not be easy to find but I can't post links. It will dump your DLDI file (obviously run it with the stock kernel) to the root of your MicroSD. You should be able to identify what it is actually a clone of, and from that and find the right files for your card. Mine is a TT clone, not that you'd have any idea from looking at the file names in the stock kernel.

3. Tokita

Tokita Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2017
    Colombia
    Thanks dude that's gonna be a really useful way to identify clones in the future
    sadly it confirmed that this one it's a really crappy R4 clone... don't think I can even get wood running on this thing let alone playing pokemon black/white 2

Attached Files:

4. skjfhniasubcoivu

skjfhniasubcoivu Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Unlucky. You don't seem to be short of flashcarts though. I got lucky. Mine's an R4i Gold which by the web address does feature on the list of compatible cards and so far I haven't found anything that doesn't work.

5. AzerothArg

AzerothArg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2014
    Argentina
    Would be possible to flash the firmware of the card on the right to the card on the left? (same manufacturer, the one on the left is older, both uses the same kernel but for some reason the one on the left can't load YSMenu as a kernel, while the one on the right can.)

[​IMG]

6. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    Actually the two seem to take different kernels.

the one on the left takes

R4i V1.85b English.zip

and the one of the right takes

30,395,782 R4i-3DS V1.85b English.zip

they use different R4.dat files, even though the number of bytes is the same.

almost every byte is different.

7. AzerothArg

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2014
    Argentina
    I actually put the kernel of the 3ds version onto the other and it booted up.. At least I got one up and running with YS Menu :)

8. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    Q: Where was the flashcart found?
    A: In the trash.

Q: Why was it in the trash?
    A: Because it is trash.

Q: Why'd you dig for it?
    A: Unable to respond...

Q: Sir, please answer the question.
    A: I uh found it uh, on the ground, yea that's it.

Fails lie detector test.

In all seriousness though, I recommend formatting the SD card first, sometimes a format is needed to make it work properly.

9. wiimatrix

wiimatrix Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2010
    United States
    Many thanks

10. matt_bru

matt_bru Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    Italy
    Hi everyone. First of all, thanks to the creator of this post, which I found essential.

I have the clone card in the picture. I cannot seem to find the correct YS kernel for it (I would like to boot it as primary kernel).
    Has anyone had any experience with this card in particular (I have tried the kernels for R4i SDHC). Thanks!

Attached Files:

11. robyspy

robyspy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    Italy
    Installation instructions such as PRIMARY Kernel for the R4i-SDHC folder are incorrect.
    Have you copied the files of the R4i-SDHC folder or those of the DSONEi SDHC YSMenu folder by following the wrong instructions?

12. matt_bru

matt_bru Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    Italy
    I used the files of r4i sdhc folder

13. robyspy

robyspy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    Italy
    Ah ok, but with dual booting it works?

14. AzerothArg

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2014
    Argentina
    Same as mine, they seems to be incompatible, older versions of the r4i sdhc card

15. matt_bru

matt_bru Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    Italy
    Impossible to try dual booting, the website mentioned on the cartridge is down. I solved by installing a CW on the DSi and launching games from the SD card

16. robyspy

robyspy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    Italy
    But from your post I did not understand that you wanted the original kernel, but the correct YS kernel.

EDIT: I have this kernel if you want to try dual boot.

Last edited by robyspy, Jan 12, 2019
  17. matt_bru

matt_bru Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    Italy
    Sorry for not being clear, my bad. I was trying to boot primarily as I could not find the original kernel anymore. I would be glad if you could share the kernel with me.

In any case, I'd definitely prefer to use YS for better compatibility.

18. robyspy

robyspy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    Italy
    Here you go: http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/ss18IW9z/file.html
    I await your news

19. matt_bru

matt_bru Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    Italy
    Thank you for the kernel but I still get the Menu? error

20. robyspy

robyspy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    Italy
    Strange this ... the image of the card you posted is a real photo of your card or you got it from the internet?