Majora's mask dumping save doesn't work (using checkpoint and JKSM)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AshKetchum2019, Jan 12, 2019.

1. AshKetchum2019
    OP

AshKetchum2019 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Just installed 11.9 cfw two weeks ago. When I try to import a completed save file to my new game I'm simply sent to the new game with three empty saves. My cia copy of Majoras mask is EUR, I've been downloading the save file from 3ds save game. Specifically Luzagar's EUR file. Don't know what I'm doing wrong to be sent back to my previous save

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
  3. AshKetchum2019
    OP

AshKetchum2019 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    What should I do then. Do I have to play the whole game all over then or should I install another copy of the game.

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I tried the legit *.cia version of Majora's Mask (EUR) on my USA n3DSXL. I had to use Luma3DS Locale Emulation since my system crashes unless locale.txt has written EUR EN. My personal USA save and Luzagar's EUR save were restored without any problems using the latest JKSM 12.20.2018 release. This was done without the accompany v1.1 update installed. That means I'm wrong about the legit/nonlegit aspect of the game being incompatible.

You should copy everything off your card onto a computer, reformat it in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat, and full Write + Verify test the empty card in H2testw for hardware issues. If you have a fake or faulty SD card, you're going to have problems.

Also, to verify you have a clean dump of the game:
    • GodMode9 → Majora's Mask (EUR).ciaCIA image options... → Verify file.
      • If you don't get Verification success, that copy is corrupt.
    • GodMode9 → Majora's Mask (EUR).ciaCIA image options... → Decrypt file (...) Decrypt inplace
      • Either messages File is not encrypted or Decryption success is fine.
      • Installing an encrypted *.cia with FBI will either not work or do so incorrectly.
    Edit - In order for Locale Emulation to work, the setting (x) Enable game patching has to be used in Luma3DS v9.1 configuration.

You should try backing up a dummy save in JKSM or Checkpoint and then swapping out whatever *.bin is in the subfolder with Luzagar's save0.bin.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Jan 12, 2019
  5. AshKetchum2019
    OP

AshKetchum2019 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks I will try this right away and do I need the locale emulation since my 2ds is from Europe

6. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    No. Locale Emulation is only for playing out of region games that do not work out from the start after FBI install. This is why it's preferably to play native regional versions of games unless it was never released in your region or no shared in-region copy exists out there.

7. AshKetchum2019
    OP

AshKetchum2019 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    And would I need to make in-game save or should I make a backup on JKSM without a in-game save

8. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    You don't need to make a character profile and play the game. During testing, JKSM will not recognize the game unless it's launched at least once and after using Reload Titles. If it helps to see cross comparing "Link (blank)" vs "Link (Luzagar)", sure go right ahead. As long as JKSM or Checkpoint recognizes, backs up a dummy save, and you can see said save file on the SD card, then you should be able to drag, drop, and replace with the save0.bin, or create a new subfolder with it in place.

I've noticed the *.bin may be named as save2.bin; I don't think changing the name matters, but you can't have two (2) *.bin files in the same folder.

9. AshKetchum2019
    OP

AshKetchum2019 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I'm sorry but it still hasn't worked still showing my early in-game save. Just replaced my JKSM to the latest version as well

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

managing saves with the pokemon games are still working however.

10. AshKetchum2019
    OP

AshKetchum2019 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Don't worry about it was acting real nooby and pessing a instead of y overwritting it everytime. Thank you TurdPooCharger.